Personal statement examples for accounting are available for students to use as inspiration. Read below both examples.
Accounting Personal Statement
I am inspired and motivated by my family and by my own general aptitude for mathematical subjects to pursue a degree in accounting and to pursue a career in the field. During my summer vacations, I worked in the accounting department of my father’s company and observed the accountants at work and learned a lot from them. Upon graduation, my immediate plans are to return to my father’s business, assist him with his business, and gain experience that can be applied to my own company in the future. As China’s business environment continues to develop and expand at an unprecedented rate, I am eager to contribute to this new era of commerce. The versatility and variety of accounting appeal to me. Modern enterprises can benefit from the expertise of a well-qualified accountant in many ways, and a degree in business studies from a British university would be the best way to begin my career in this field, given the reputation of British universities and the business studies courses they offer. It is very important to my parents for me to take advantage of this opportunity to study in the UK and to expand my academic knowledge and skills.
Modern corporations, charities, governments, and individuals are eagerly seeking accountants from good universities with good degrees. The role of accountants in business planning and decision-making is becoming increasingly important, so they need good interpersonal skills in addition to academic aptitude. Complexity and analytical abilities are required for the job. In the same way that businesses rely on their lawyers, I understand that as an accountant I carry enormous responsibility. In addition to keeping up with tax and legal developments, the accountant must always be accurate and able to work under pressure. Being a member of a well-respected profession would be a great source of human satisfaction, both materially and personally. Prospects seem very promising to me.
Reading journals and following economics stories in the media has developed my interest in the business world and accountancy. Regularly updating one’s information is essential given that the situation is constantly changing. My communication skills and approachable temperament extend beyond the classroom. Both in everyday life and in my academic studies, I enjoy being part of a team. Being a team leader during my college’s summer campus taught me a lot about working with others and getting along with them. Being able to serve the needs of the elderly has always been rewarding for me as a volunteer in care homes in China. I love adventures, also I am open-minded and always ready to try new things and consider new ideas.
I have a number of languages, Chinese, fluent English and some Japanese and Korean. I believe that such skills are an immense asset in today’s increasingly international and globalised economic environment. I also have highly trained IT skills, which I know are now central to the accountancy profession. I am hard-working, reliable and mature in my attitude, and very much committed to my chosen career path. I have a number of friends with whom I would hope eventually to set up a joint venture company, after working for some time in my father’s firm. I am academically able, enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious, and very much look forward to a successful career. I can offer my total commitment to my chosen course and I hope you will consider my application.
Accounting Personal Statement Example
Besides serving as the cornerstones of any successful business management, finance and accounting are also two of the most important building blocks of our contemporary society, and they become even more important during economic crises, like the one we are currently experiencing. Hence, I cannot see how anyone cannot become fascinated by learning more about the processes that govern capital flows and shape our world. I have grown steadily fascinated by these processes and developed an aptitude for and interest in mathematics throughout my school years, so I am confident I will be a motivated and ambitious undergraduate student in these subjects.
I have always enjoyed subjects which focus on numbers and mathematics. In addition to my studies, I also undertook maths challenges that aimed to make mathematics accessible and fun. It is this attitude to the subject that has inspired me to continue progressing to higher-level study in related subjects. My positive attitude to study also extends to other subjects, however, and I have gained valuable skills and experience from branching out into other fields. Studying Biology and Chemistry not only made good use of my mathematical skills but also encourage a logical, patient approach to problem-solving, while studying German inspired an interest in learning about other cultures and languages that will assist me in the increasingly international field of global finance.
Gaining experience within existing businesses offered an opportunity to begin to see how the principles of finance were applied in a real-world context. Through working as a customer adviser at Next, I have gained experience in working to daily targets, handling money and realising the importance of setting and adjusting financial expectations based on a variety of variables. Through occupying a customer service role I also gained the opportunity to hone communication and teamwork skills, allowing me to maintain excellent relationships with customers and colleagues. During my work experience with Edutech, I also utilised and developed these same skills, while undertaking repairs of school computers and increasing my knowledge of Information Technology and computer systems, so central to the contemporary field of finance.
I have been deeply involved in supporting both my academic and local communities, believing it is essential to help guide younger students at my school and in my neighbourhood. I have found serving as a role model for them as they overcome challenges to be immensely rewarding. I served as Senior Prefect and School Council Member, roles giving me a window into how funding decisions directly impact students – reinforcing the centrality of finance and accounting. I also volunteered with Oriel Youth Wing, establishing and running a youth club, an experience that taught me much about organization and time management while mentoring members through difficulties. Similarly, I mentored and supervised children of various ages through BEIS fun club and the Knowing Me Knowing You mentor scheme.
As a committed and ambitious student with an aptitude for mathematics, I believe I possess the intellectual ability and drive needed for undergraduate and potentially graduate studies in accounting and finance. More importantly, as someone with a well-developed social conscience, I will bring to my studies an awareness of the profound impact these subjects have on all our lives, creating extra motivation to understand and influence these fields after graduation.
Best Personal Statement Examples
- Classics Personal Statement Examples
- Theology Personal Statement Examples
- Physics Personal Statement Examples
- Chemical Engineering personal statement examples
- Oncology Personal Statement Examples
- Psychiatry Personal Statement Examples
- Earth Sciences Personal Statement Example
- History Personal Statement Examples
- Veterinary Personal Statement Examples For University
- Civil Engineering Personal Statement Examples
- User Experience Design Personal Statement Example
- Finance Personal Statement Examples
- Neuroscience Personal Statement Examples
- Graphic Design Personal Statement Examples
- Film Production Personal Statement Examples
- Events Management Personal Statement Examples
- Counselling Personal Statement Examples
- Forensic Science Personal Statement Examples
- Children’s Nursing Personal Statement Examples
- Chemistry Personal Statement Examples
- Sports Science Personal Statement Examples
- Mechanical Engineering Personal Statement Examples
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Personal Statement Examples
- Quantity Surveying Personal Statement Examples
- Social Work Personal Statement Examples
- Physiotherapy Personal Statement Examples
- Journalism Personal Statement Examples
- English Literature Personal Statement Examples
- Marketing Personal Statement Examples
- Computer Science Personal Statement Examples
- Fashion Marketing Personal Statement Examples
- Dietetic Personal Statement Examples
- Product Design Personal Statement Examples
- Aerospace Engineering Personal Statement Examples
- Geography Personal Statement Examples
- Business Management Personal Statement Examples
- Politics Personal Statement Examples
- Psychology Personal Statement Examples
- Oxbridge Personal Statement Examples
- Zoology Personal Statement Example
- Sociology Personal Statement Example
- Fashion Personal Statement Example
- Mathematics Personal Statement Examples
- Software Engineering Personal Statement Examples
- Philosophy Personal Statement
- International Relations Personal Statement Example
- Biochemistry Personal Statement Example
- Dentistry Personal Statement Examples
- Midwifery Personal Statement
- Law Personal Statement Example
- Medicine Personal Statement for Cambridge
- ICT Personal Statement
- Primary Teacher PGCE Personal Statement
- PGCE Personal Statement Example
- Games Design Personal Statement
- Paramedic Science Personal Statement Examples
- Occupational Therapy Personal Statement
- Pharmacy Personal Statement Example
- Criminology Personal Statement Example
- Radiography Personal Statement